When is Chinese New Year? What is animal for Chinese New Year? Gift ideas
When is Chinese New Year?
The Chinese new year in celebrated on February 5th this year. In 2019 Chinese New Year is on Tuesday, 5th February as per CNY Calendar 1930 – 2030. Like many other festivals, UAE as a whole and especially Dubai celebrates Chinese New Year in full enthusiasm.
Ways to Say “Happy Chinese New Year” in Chinese
新年好 – Xīnnián hǎo – Happy New Year
吉星高照 – Jíxīng gāozhào – Fortune will smile on you (‘lucky star high shines’)
What is the animal for Chinese New Year?
|Year||Chinese New Year begins||Animal sign|
What is the 2019 lucky colour as per the Chinese new year?
According to the 2019 Chinese horoscope, the lucky colours that can positively influence your fate during the 2019 Year of the Pig are those that are related to the beneficial energies of the Fire element, represented by the red, pink, and orange colour (Fire reinforces Earth)
What is the importance of 2019 as per Chinese horoscope?
2019 Chinese New Year is arriving on February 5, 2019. That is the 4716th Chinese year. The zodiac sign of 2019 is the Pig. According to the Chinese horoscope calendar, 2019 is the Female Earth Pig year.
What are the gifts not to be given for a Chinese friend?
- Avoid unlucky numbers. Avoid the number 4 because it sounds like death.
- Avoid unlucky colours. Avoid white and black boxes and wrapping paper.
- Avoid these specific gifts. Don’t ever give clocks, shoes, cut flowers, handkerchiefs, umbrellas, towels or sharp objects like knives and scissors.
- No green hats – Wearing a green hat means one’s wife is unfaithful.
- Necklaces, ties, and belts – These things are often given by boyfriends/girlfriends or couples.
What is a good gift for a Chinese friend?
- Tea: A nicely wrapped box of tea.
- Fruits: Giving a box of oranges or a box of apples is also recommended because apples and oranges respectively symbolize safety and fortune.
- Home Supplies: If your hosts have moved into a new house, then home supplies such as a tea set, electrical equipment, or crockery are popular choices.
Gifts for Seniors
- Scarf or Clothes Comb
- Foot bath massager
Gifts for Kids
- Red Packets
- School Supplies – like a writing pen, a school notebook or a nice box of painting brushes
- Books – chosen according to the child’s interests
- Toys – such as a Barbie doll for a little girl, and a remote control car for a little boy
- Clothes: If you are quite intimate with your hosts’ family, you can buy clothes
Tips on Giving a Gift
- Do remember to remove the price tag. A gift with a price tag is a hint to the receiver that the gift is expensive, and that the sender is expecting a gift of the equal price.
- Don’t give the gift publicly, especially if giving a gift to only one person in a group (to avoid embarrassment, an appearance of favouritism, etc.).
- Do not visit a recently bereaved family at Spring Festival, if the Chinese family had the funeral less than a month before Chinese New Year, as this is said to be unlucky (bringing more funerals in the coming year).
- Take a pair of gifts with you, as Chinese people believe that good things should be in pairs.
Shop gifts online from India. We deliver your gifts in UAE. Mohbat.ae is one of the best online gift shops in Dubai UAE. We deliver cakes, chocolates, flowers, personalized gifts like printed T-Shirts, printed mug, personalised frames in Rockstone, personalised frames in wood, personalised frames in crystal, personalised frames in keychains, personalised frames in pens, personalised frames in mobile phone covers and home decor in Dubai Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, Abu Dhabi or Al Ain in Dubai.
Check out our Combo gifts Dubai, UAE for more gift ideas.
Feel free to contact us on WhatsApp 00971-58-5523437 for unique gift ideas in Dubai UAE.